Man U Tribute Thread

Rom

I was going to send Duke a PM but then thought why not post it at his club for all the Board to see; it's not like we have an abundance of posts.  And Duke can always delete the thread later if he thinks I am not worthy of starting a tribute to his beloved Man U., which I only ever supported (with all my heart!) when Cristiano Ronaldo played there during his first stint right after he transferred from Sporting C Portugal.   But ever since Ronaldo moved from Real Madrid to Juventus, I don't like his aging primadonna antics, namely his refusal this summer to go to Asia with the team, and this season I only root for Man U when he does NOT play... (I like Bruno F. !)

But having been a fan of Ronaldo over the years I acquired a bunch of Man U jerseys both legit non-game ones and the copycat ones you get in Thailand.   I gave away all the red ones and only kept the ones you see in the pic below.  There is a red one someone else gave me and it is the reason I wanted to contact Duke.  It's a #7 Cantona low quality REPLICA shirt autographed in 2012 (long after Cantona stopped playing) and I have no idea who signed it but it sure does not read like "Cantona".  Any insights Duke?  Anyone?

Thanks in advance

R

IMG20221107230802.jpg

IMG20221107230843.jpg

IMG20221107230908.jpg

• Like 1

Well I can tell you Rom that the red United shirt is not a proper one, we have never played in a shirt like that, the badge is false as is the Cantona and #7 on it. 

Haven't a clue who signed that shirt and what's with the date, no player would do that. 

These are for real :wink:

IMG_20221108_080657.jpg

IMG_20221108_140814.jpg

• Like 1

thanks Duke for the images and sorry to bug you with my cheap knock off shirt that (1) does not have a sports brand logo (Umbro in the Cantona era); (2) says "Manchester Football" (not United ) in the team logo that does not have the devil with the pitchfork;  and (3) the red-on-red print on the polyester cloth does have a devil with a pitchfork but it is facing the other way and it says "Old Trafford" not Man U.

I was hoping it would be some fan's old shirt signed in 2012 by someone on the Man U squad and that perhaps you (Duke) might know who.  But it seems to read "D J Crow" and there is no player remotely with that name... so I will just get rid of the shirt as I don't like to wear red ones (even for Forest which is the English team I like the most).

Tributewise, you might like to know that if you google "Manchester Football"  (as in my shirt's made up team logo) it is only Man U images that appear, including a few of Man City playing against Man U but none of Man City itself.  As of this date, Man U is Manchester football, not the Protestant namesake team across town...

• Like 1

can I post this here duke ?  i can't believe Ronaldo said to Piers Morgan he "does not respect Ten Hag" !

and I cant believe I was his #1 fan...

and now he is going to fuck the World Cup for Portugal as he did last season and this one for Man U...

please duke say it ain't so... that you have some insider info from Old Trafford that mitigates the crap I see in the news...

I am already rooting against Man U when he plays and I think Ten Hag realized he can motivate the team by excluding Ronaldo ....

Please duke share what you think...  I think Portugal is fucked...

or just delete this if u still like Ronaldo...

Fhed7V0WQAA9vC9.jpg

• Like 1

Quite simple Rom

NO PLAYER is bigger than Manchester United Football Club. 

If he don't like it then get the Fuck outa here, Erik doesn't fancy him so it works in his favour, the sooner he leaves (maybe in the January transfer window) the better. 

He won't fuck up Portugal, its his country. 

And for the record, Ronnie will always be loved by the vast majority of United Fans, including me. :hi:

• Like 1

Today it gets worse:  besides saying he "does not respect ten Hag", CR also said in the TV interview that Man U's "owners do not care about the club", that he had "never heard" of previous manager Ralf Rangnick, and that former team mate Wayne Rooney criticized him out of jealousy "probably because he finished his career and I'm still playing"...  what a snitching whiner!

And the full interview has yet to be aired, which means Man U mgmt need to hold back before reacting...  I don't see how the suits or ten Hag will let him play or even how the other players would want to play with him, except for the fact that they grew up idolizing him.

It's clear Ronaldo is of no more use to Man U on the pitch, so the only thing left to do is try to cut the financial loss in getting rid of him:

Ronaldo is by far the highest paid player in the Premier league and gets 2 million pounds NET of taxes per month.  Through end-season in June 2023 that's 14 million pounds that knowing Ronaldo he will not want to leave on the table.  And since no one is going to pay him close to that anymore either Man U gives him the money and tells him to go or Ronaldo will stay and not play which financially amounts to the same, but sets an example for future primadonas.  Man U had paid to Juventus a transfer fee of only 15 million for Ronaldo, in line with CR's advanced age and low resale value, which precludes much of a transfer fee 6 months from end-contract.   Besides with Ronaldo so toxic and not playing, no team will want him even on the cheap.  So basically Man U will have to put up, shut up and pay the guy and start preparing next season.

Regarding the Portugal national team, CR is on a similar course.  He plays only when he wants and gets away with it.  Last June he decided to go on vacation early and not play in Switzerland and Portugal lost and the coach had to pretend it was his idea "to rotate" the team.   To bench him at the World Cup would result in major drama like we saw at Man U.  I  hope not but I fear he will bring down the Portugal team with him... 

I think Ronaldo's problem is that he can not let go of being the wonder kid center of attention who scores the goals and will not recast himself as a veteran role model like Ibrahimovic or Buffon...  He does not accept that it is guys like Mbappe, Halland and possibly the Kvaradona who are the exciting sexy young stars he used to be.

His only venues left for a big paycheck may be the US or Saudi Arabia but he may remain too proud for that... he claims he had an offer of 300 million to play in Saudi Arabia but that was a rumor planted by Ronaldo's agent on 2 Portuguese TV channels.   The same agent who last year had planted the rumor that Man City was going to hire Ronaldo, so Man U would Jump and re-hire him first which they did like fools...

any thoughts duke ?

Erik-ten-Hag-a-propos-du-banquier-Cristiano-Ronaldo.7.jpeg

• Like 1

On 11/14/2022 at 10:44 PM, duke007 said:

Not a Rumour, Man Citeh did want Ronnie, Guardiola said so himself 

Where/when did he say so?

I am not so well informed, but as far as I remember who Guardiola wanted was Harry Kane NOT Ronaldo and my take is that he mentioned Ronaldo disingeniously to trick Man U into buying Ronaldo and self-destroying the rival club for the immediate future as we have witnessed this season and last. I found these Guardiola 2021 quotes on the net:

"Ronaldo will decide where he wants to play. Not Manchester City, not myself. Right now it looks far, far, away," 

and when he was explicitly asked if he wanted to have Ronaldo, Guardiola said vaguely: "I'm incredibly happy with the squad, more than satisfied. We are the same except one guy left, Sergio [Aguero], and one guy arrived, Jack [Grealish]."

This past summer Guardiola had another chance to buy Ronaldo when he was offering himself around, but this time Guardiola did not even bother to fake interest.  He bought Halland and if you ask me it was a damn good purchase...

And if Guardiola ever wanted Ronaldo, he can have him now on the cheap as Man U has no choice but to get rid of him after that interview...

PS  -  And the "news" in 2021 that Man City wanted to buy Ronaldo first broke on CNN Portugal and TVI-Portugal.  How would have they found out before all other major international news organizations?  Everybody thinks Ronaldo's Portuguese agent (Mendes) planted the rumor...

PS2  -  Ronaldo's fall from grace and inglorious exit from Man U reminds me of Van Nistelroy who also left in a hissy fit soon after Ronaldo first joined.