TJ's Virtually Kaput

Aitch

Once Mama Em moved TJ's from its original location streetside to its current location in the back corner of the property (where another misguided soul had a short-lived ladyboy cabaret bar) I had misgivings. Turns out they were well founded. 

One of the keys to a successful business is the "3 L's" - Location, Location, Location. TJ's failed on two of them and the new one has not been successful. It is a current ghost of itself populated nightly by only one or two stalwarts Em has designated to hold the fort. She has instead opened "M&M Sports and Music Bar" just around the corner on Naklua Road.

The good news? It's a better location. The not-so-good news? It has been designated as a GG bar. In reality only a few GG's were hired and virtually all the TJ staff has migrated over to it, making it a mixed bar, and one of dubious quality.

I personally have left Mama Em's environs entirely and permanently, completely disenchanted for numerous reasons, and as of today will no longer be moderating this page.

Respond as you may, I shall be passing neither explanations nor further commentary, and will close and lock this page as of October 1st. 

- Aitch

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, blind boy grunt said:

is anyone surprised? one has to only look at the header banner at the top of the page and compare the staff then with the current crop to see what has gone wrong.

And why did the girls leave.......?   Why did the customers leave? Why did her husband leave? And so on.

As I said: Karma's come back.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, jimbo33 said:

And why did the girls leave.......?   Why did the customers leave? Why did her husband leave? And so on.

As I said: Karma's come back.

I never went back to TJs after she bit my head off one night for protesting that she took my half full beer away because someone had bought a round for the table. You were there, Jimbo. Remember that?

4 minutes ago, Sylvester said:

I never went back to TJs after she bit my head off one night for protesting that she took my half full beer away because someone had bought a round for the table. You were there, Jimbo. Remember that?

I do indeed - a stupid reaction on her part. All too typical I'm afraid. I had high hopes when I first joined up, but after 3 months the stealing started, and it was downhill from there. She's always looking for an angle - can't help herself. Even the country girls from Cambodia cottoned on and departed en masse. Now she's left with a few dregs.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, blind boy grunt said:

is anyone surprised? one has to only look at the header banner at the top of the page and compare the staff then with the current crop to see what has gone wrong.

I have thought that for a long time but was too polite to say it!!!!. No bbg you are spot on. Why would you go there?.

• Like 1

I am on record here at LBR prognosticating, as diplomatically as I could, the likely demise of TJs once they moved to the back of their mini-plaza.  Because TJ's was not just about the beautiful and plentiful sissies, but the ample space no other sissy-bars have and it just felt really good to go there for a drink under the big night sky.  I even had the impression I could hear the sea, which obviously I couldnt with all the music and chatter ... It was great while it lasted and we should all be greatful for the memories.  TJs is the only bar ever to win TWICE the Romscars Ladyboy Bar of the Year (in 2018 and 2019) and Little Mama M was a great part of that. So RESPECT ! 

By chance I was there at the new digs a couple days before this thread was started and I took some spur-of-the-moment pics I share below.  Mostly candids of the sissies playing pool.  That particular night there was a Thai lady live singing and plenty of sexpat-looking farangs in the audience.  What there was not was more than 4 or 5 ladyboys, with only 1 of them making my mouth water.  There were also 2 (and only 2 I asked) barfinable ladyladies but none was anything to write home about. 

Just prior to going there, I had gone to the TJ's old place which had the lights on, shutters open but was completely deserted.  I could have made off with a bottle of tequila that no one would have stopped me.  That's when I learned from one of the hoes in the neighboring bar about the new place around the corner.

I wish the best for Little Mama M and may she assemble another crew of sissies like the ones in Bumblebee's iconic pic at the top of this page.

TJs1.jpg.bf414dbb397a58284806393a26cf5c4d.jpg

TJs2.jpg.0ea13ae5c9bd2dbb363c721f04b30606.jpg

1412046052_MM1.jpg.ed00017d2aa3b6753463a649c71e41d9.jpg

907395687_MM2.jpg.295825583f2ce8258ee1c69228a43898.jpg

1947791172_MM3.jpg.2409ccb482c1254f296359f943ebac68.jpg

707965934_MM7.jpg.d23ffe014f8afbf4f75ff48b06faddef.jpg

962964924_MM4.jpg.6266154e4af9df86f85e4fc305b38f82.jpg

1314282041_MM6.jpg.9b906267871a6674b6ccadf3b11b38a8.jpg

2064244547_MM5.jpg.6a6a956e3e05f09ff3f5ddf5138fca07.jpg

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Rom said:

I wish the best for Little Mama M and may she assemble another crew of sissies like the ones in Bumblebee's iconic pic at the top of this page.

I wonder with things getting back to normal and the traditional high season not too far away will she up her game and recruit some fresh new talent.  Still looking forward to chilling out there under the stars some night in the coming months for old times sake, looks like there won’t be an issue finding a free table judging from the above photos.

My opinion on the matter is worth nothing as I've never been to TJ's, but 1st I want to say that Aitch, whom I don't know, was doing a good job of promoting the place with all the photos he took. It ain't easy to be "working" while everyone else is drankin' and having a good time. That said, I might have found 5-10% of the workers in the photos MCOT. So whenever I made it back to Pats, TJ's wasn't very high on my list.
I am however, a big fan of spacious, smoke free venues (not sure if TJ's was smoke free), where there is music, but it's not so loud that you can't hold a conversation with a person 1 meter away from you.

• Like 5

I am giving a link above to my earlier post where I sensed the demise of TJs and was even inspired to sing from an old song:

Another exhilarating facet of the ladyboy world as we knew it that will be lost for good:

TJ's unique experience of SPACE, OPEN SPACE with beautiful ladyboys frolicking under the sultry night sky with the implausibly nearby sea whispering during the karaoke breaks...

unlike any of the other ladyboy venues that tend to be cramped and enclosed so what happens in the premises is hidden from passers-by...

On a personal note, I would go there not just for the ladyboys but also to gawk at the mongers and put faces to PY-avatars, especially "my" Romscars nominees and Hall of Legenders 1 or 2 of whom could always be found at TJs on any given night.  The place was so spacious they could not even tell I was checking them out...

Only little momma M would recognize me from way back when her husband was alive but she never connected the dots to the misunderstood Rom shadow of an outcast so many of her patrons disliked.

I dont know what is coming over me ... the monger's blues perhaps... or a broader existential crisis ... but this is what is playing in my mind as I write these words and think of TJs:

Starry, starry night
Paint your palette blue and gray
Look out on a summer's day
With eyes that know the darkness in my soul

For they could not love you
But still your love was true
And when no hope was left inside
On that starry, starry night

• Like 1