Prompt Pay Scan

Pdoggg

Tonight I was chillin at Emmy Bar.  Teya bought some food from one of the ubiquitous food carts that roam around the sois and to my amazement she paid by scanning a QR code.

She said it is now quite common and the pandemic accelerated Prompt Pay usage so infected banknotes don't get passed around.  Food prepares shouldn't be touching money anyway.

So I started fooling around with my phone, agreed to some Terms and Conditions and figured out how it works.  

Bottom line if you are low on cash but have a Thai bank account and so does your ladyboy du jour it's an alternative way to pay for boom boom.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

Tonight I was chillin at Emmy Bar.  Teya bought some food from one of the ubiquitous food carts that roam around the sois and to my amazement she paid by scanning a QR code.

She said it is now quite common and the pandemic accelerated Prompt Pay usage so infected banknotes don't get passed around.  Food prepares shouldn't be touching money anyway.

So I started fooling around with my phone, agreed to some Terms and Conditions and figured out how it works.  

Bottom line if you are low on cash but have a Thai bank account and so does your ladyboy du jour it's an alternative way to pay for boom boom.

My - you have been away a long time ! 'Grunt' will be pleased to know all this ! 5555

6 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

scanning a QR code.

Nice.  Had that on all festivals this summer. And, the food was delivered with a drone. 

22 minutes ago, Quinn said:

'Grunt

Seriously, you don't have to handle these filthy notes anymore? Is BBG still using old money? What about the tech adverse ? They don't eat then? I know a few in Patts.

7 hours ago, duke007 said:

Out of curiosity, are Thai banknotes that were in circulation in February 2019 still allowed? 

yes Duke.

1 hour ago, seven said:

Is BBG still using old money?

yes Seven. Grunt has no idea what a QR code is, is it a black and white picture thing? and  how does one scan it without a scanner?  I ain't got one of them.

• Like 1

I've also just enabled this on my phone so would be interested to see it in action. Haven't had a great deal of success with the contactless option on my card - 2 places it wouldn't work (so they reckoned) and the 3rd took about 5 attempts to complete the transaction. In the UK you just tap the card once and that's it - job done! I believe with Prompt Pay you have a 200k daily limit?

• Like 1