Retirement visas

Laawman

2 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

Sometimes it is not easy to open a bank account with a tourist visa.  In Pattaya, if you want someone to cut through the red tape Mot can do it for you for 3500 baht.  This includes picking you up in her car and making it easy.  According to her website there will also be a fee to the bank for an ATM card, perhaps a high cost ATM card which includes the dreaded insurance that you don't need but banks push.  Think she deals with Bangkok Bank.  She also deals with visas and driver's licenses.  

https://www.mots-services.com/mots-services1

Yes, my agent recommended her for driving licences as well. Something else I'll have to sort before my IDP expires.

My experience opening a Thai bank account is dated, but I found that dressing for success and being polite helped. Even in 2003 on bank declined my application for a savings account, so I walked across the street and they were delighted to assist me:biggrin: Also consider applying in a bank away from tourist areas, they have less experience in dealing with foreigners, which might help you but could also hurt you. 

When I lived on Soi Rang Nam, Bangkok, I opened an account at Kasikorn bank, on the soi, and the lady manager thought I was na rak:biggrin: She wasn't in to me romantically just happy a foreigner would do business with them. Had similar experiences with street food vendors where I was the only farang customer. 

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...