How Do You Deflect Unwanted Attention From Bargirls

Pdoggg

Curious about the techniques you guys use to deflect unwanted attention within bars or walking by bars?

One way is to avoid eye contact and don't smile.   I often permit the unwanted attention to put me in a bad mood but hey I'm going out to have a good time and prefer not to be defensive.

There must be a better way!  :biggrin:  What do you guys do?

Note for some of you lurkers who have never been to the bargirl districts in Southeast Asia.............. you can be old and ugly and have zero game but you will still have to beat them off with a stick! 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

Curious about the techniques you guys use to deflect unwanted attention within bars or walking by bars?

One way is to avoid eye contact and don't smile.   I often permit the unwanted attention to put me in a bad mood but hey I'm going out to have a good time and prefer not to be defensive.

There must be a better way!    What do you guys do?

Note for some of you lurkers who have never been to the bargirl districts in Southeast Asia.............. you can be old and ugly and have zero game but you will still have to beat them off with a stick! 

I resort to the old and ugly trick!.

I have found it depends on how desperate they are for cash and lady drinks, but some are naturally pushy be it their personality or pressure from management.  I seldom enter a bar alone, so I just tell them I want to chat with friends tonight and not looking for a lady.  Once the girls know your face they tend to know the score and leave you alone if that’s what you want :)

• Like 3

Just tell them! Unlike Bumblebee, I mostly enter a bar alone. When I am not in the mood for a girl, I will simply tell them. Ofcourse there is a little risk of having to tell in many, many times (32 in CIB) :biggrin:

Having said so, I must say that in general I don't go to a girlie bar to be left alone :drinks:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

it's really very easy.

if you don't want to be bothered by someone, just start telling them about Indian tranvestites getting free housing in somewhere you have never heard of.

They'll soon be fast asleep.

If you really want to get rid of them permanently, talk about Afghani trannies in England as big truck's are passing by the bar....

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 8/13/2022 at 6:40 AM, Pdoggg said:

There must be a better way!  :biggrin:  What do you guys do?

Easy tell em you don't pay for ladyboys. Since they're there for pay.. they should leave you alone.

No long discussion, no argument, shows they're wasting their time unless..

a. they find your phone attractive enough to steal

b. they think you're cute.

• Like 2

@Pulci Gorgon Maybe Pdoggg is just trying to help the less experienced in the community by bringing up the topic.

Some good thoughts and shares, funny ones too. I think Dan makes a lot of sense saying if I am out for a quite drink or a drink on a night I am not looking for a punt, then I just avoid those bars. However, sometimes there is something said for enjoying a beer and some eye-candy at the same time.

The worst is when you go to a place alone and there are no other guys or just maybe 1 one other guy there and there are 15-25 LBs or GGs working, because then you know you are the target for them to make money that night. Even worse if the one lady you are interested is with the other guy, because you have to make a decision- will I chance that he doesn't BF her and I have a shot or shoo off the others in vain to watch him leave with her?

Another issue for me is that I feel rushed. Sometimes, I might want to sit and enjoy the view a bit more. Pick out the ones that appeal to my eyes and dick. Figure out if she has a good attitude. Not rush. But during that time, it's girls coming by sitting next to you, "putting their hands on your lap and asking for drinks". Even if you might want to sort things out with her, it's not the easiest thing with her hand down your pants. Something like a bird on the stage is worth 2 hands in your pants... or something like that.

• Like 3

On 8/14/2022 at 8:04 PM, blind boy grunt said:

it's really very easy.

if you don't want to be bothered by someone, just start telling them about Indian tranvestites getting free housing in somewhere you have never heard of.

They'll soon be fast asleep.

If you really want to get rid of them permanently, talk about Afghani trannies in England as big truck's are passing by the bar....

Wickedly funny Grunt !

I imagine explaining the rules of cricket to them might have the same effect. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, outsider said:

Some good thoughts and shares, funny ones too. I think Dan makes a lot of sense saying if I am out for a quite drink or a drink on a night I am not looking for a punt, then I just avoid those bars. However, sometimes there is something said for enjoying a beer and some eye-candy at the same time.

Take your own responsibilty : if yu don't avoid the bar, you won't avoid geting attention in return. 

The worst is when you go to a place alone and there are no other guys or just maybe 1 one other guy there and there are 15-25 LBs or GGs working, because then you know you are the target for them to make money that night. Even worse if the one lady you are interested is with the other guy, because you have to make a decision- will I chance that he doesn't BF her and I have a shot or shoo off the others in vain to watch him leave with her ?

Accept your fate. You came for her and she's busy. The more insistent her mates are, the more likely she's asked them to distract your attention.

Another issue for me is that I feel rushed. Sometimes, I might want to sit and enjoy the view a bit more. Pick out the ones that appeal to my eyes and dick. Figure out if she has a good attitude. Not rush. But during that time, it's girls coming by sitting next to you, "putting their hands on your lap and asking for drinks". Even if you might want to sort things out with her, it's not the easiest thing with her hand down your pants. Something like a bird on the stage is worth 2 hands in your pants... or something like that.

Haven't you ever asked them to come back later. If you just say, "not now, later please" they should understand. You gonna say it's a partisan comment, but I have no interest in the affair, if you're tired with too close attention from Thai bargirls, go and try Vietnamese bar girls. These are better educated and will wait to be in your room to put their fingers under your pants. 

• Like 2

On 8/15/2022 at 7:29 AM, Pulci Gorgon said:

I would have believed the OP knew how to do to deflect unwanted attention from bargirls.

22 hours ago, outsider said:

Another issue for me is that I feel rushed. Sometimes, I might want to sit and enjoy the view a bit more. Pick out the ones that appeal to my eyes and dick. Figure out if she has a good attitude. Not rush. But during that time, it's girls coming by sitting next to you, "putting their hands on your lap and asking for drinks".

I can deflect attention from bargirls but I don't always do it cheerfully so no need to put myself in situations that are going to annoy me.

Regarding what Outsider wrote, for me, the worst of the Nana Shitpits is Temptations as the seating layout leaves no room to escape the onslaught of girls the moment I walk in.  If alone impossible.  My solution is to avoid the joint.  But if I had just 5 minutes to look around it would be OK if I wanted company.

But I'm not only talking about inside the bars.  Pushy girls on the sois are quite annoying.  If they are enticing me from inside the bar while I'm on the street then I can just smile and say, Not today honey".  But often they will block my path on the soi.  This is especially annoying on Buakhao as to avoid then I have to walk into traffic.

I guess my real question is not "how to avoid unwanted attention" but rather "how to keep my good humour while receiving unwanted attention"?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 8/16/2022 at 2:14 AM, Pdoggg said:

I can deflect attention from bargirls but I don't always do it cheerfully so no need to put myself in situations that are going to annoy me.

Regarding what Outsider wrote, for me, the worst of the Nana Shitpits is Temptations as the seating layout leaves no room to escape the onslaught of girls the moment I walk in.  If alone impossible.  My solution is to avoid the joint.  But if I had just 5 minutes to look around it would be OK if I wanted company.

I found fairly a drastic solution to avoid annoying situations in bars. I just don't go to bars in Thailand. Full stop. 

Annoying situations are not the only reason. 5should I remind I was banned for the first time from PY after I posted a TR explaining I found no advantage in bar girls and preferred to pick up ladyboys in the street, Thaifriendly and all kind of new apps (Wechat, badoo etc ...). I tried again a couple of times after this, but sorry, definitely, I don't go to Thai ladyboys bars. 

But I'm not only talking about inside the bars.  Pushy girls on the sois are quite annoying.  If they are enticing me from inside the bar while I'm on the street then I can just smile and say, Not today honey".  But often they will block my path on the soi.  This is especially annoying on Buakhao as to avoid then I have to walk into traffic.

Here is a tactic I once found on the spur of the moment in Soi 6/1 as I was walking towards Beach road. A ladyboy wouldn't let me pass her position. Although she was much more lighter, she acted as an Australian Shepherd. Whatever I would do, she would stand in front of me, unable to walk closer to the beach. So put my arms around her body as for giving her a hug then lifted her and turned 180° around me so I could put her back the other side. Then I caught her shoulder ready for a big slavering French kiss. She stepped back 3 feet away and screamed ready to run away but I was already far away since the way was clear for me to walk. No other ladyboy tried to trock me during this walk in soi 6/1. 

I guess my real question is not "how to avoid unwanted attention" but rather "how to keep my good humour while receiving unwanted attention"?

I'm sorry but you can't keep your good humour every day and all time long. You do at work on Mondays till Wednesday but you probably noticed that you're sometimes no longer able to smile and take it it if a challenging situation comes to you on Thursday afternoon. Your stress makes you react negatively this time since you're tired. The same will happen in front of bars from any reason. You feel to weak to smile and find a gambit and react agressively instead. This is human mechanics. In order to avoid that, you'd better know your limits. 

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Pulci Gorgon said:

I found fairly a drastic solution to avoid annoying situations in bars. I just don't go to bars in Thailand.

I agree completely. In fact I could not agree more with your entire post. I only logged in to 'Like' your post.

If someone wants to look around Pattaya with no interaction at all then just watch YouTube videos of people walking around Pattaya.

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Pulci Gorgon said:

I found fairly a drastic solution to avoid annoying situations in bars. I just don't go to bars in Thailand. Full stop. 

Sorry, but that "solution" is no solution at all.  One of the primary joys of being in Thailand is having a cold brewski while enjoying the sights, whatever those sights might be.

It's important to draw the obvious distinction between bars where working gals ply their trade and regular bars where being hounded is not really an issue.  Pattaya is a distinctive animal because of the high number of working girl bars. 

I don't spend much time in Pattaya anymore, much preferring Phuket.  For the past decade I've spent most of my time in the southern-most part of the island--Kata, Rawai, Chalong, and even venturing up to Phuket city.  There is a very large expat community in this area with lots of mostly European nationalities represented.  Lots of different cafes, bistros, and sports bars where you won't be pestered by a working girl.  Now, if you do want companionship then there certainly are bars dedicated to that in all these areas.  Also, there are what I think of as "hybrid" bars.  These are bars where there are girls who are barmaids, but who are otherwise available as well, but who are not necessarily being obvious or annoying about it; they know that most customers just want a drink.  A good example are the various small bars on soi Sunrise that leads from the Chalong turnabout to the pier where the dive/fishing/party boats are.  In the late afternoon and evening these bars are frequented mostly by farang divers, fishermen, etc.  Although not in great numbers, sweeties are certainly there, but they won't bother you.  Also, they are typically in shorts and t-shirts and flipflops rather than slut dresses and platform heels.  Definitely a nicer and more chill atmosphere, at least to me.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, soiboy said:

Kata, Rawai, Chalong, and even venturing up to Phuket city.

Thanks , soiboy. Was doing the usual YouTube round last night and by accident clicked this one. Fucking depressing. While you can’t deny the amount of ladymen in Patts , take a look at these Pattaya professionals and all its ugliness. I’m seriously reconsidering this winter’s destination and if it weren’t for my friends living in Patts I’d be going elsewhere. Thanks for the post!

“Bryan Flowers of Nightwish runs 24 bars in Soi 6”.

I much prefer this as well.

“Also, they are typically in shorts and t-shirts and flipflops rather than slut dresses and platform heels.  Definitely a nicer and more chill atmosphere, at least to me.” 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, soiboy said:

Sorry, but that "solution" is no solution at all.  One of the primary joys of being in Thailand is having a cold brewski while enjoying the sights, whatever those sights might be.

It's important to draw the obvious distinction between bars where working gals ply their trade and regular bars where being hounded is not really an issue.  Pattaya is a distinctive animal because of the high number of working girl bars. 

I don't spend much time in Pattaya anymore, much preferring Phuket.  For the past decade I've spent most of my time in the southern-most part of the island--Kata, Rawai, Chalong, and even venturing up to Phuket city.  There is a very large expat community in this area with lots of mostly European nationalities represented.  Lots of different cafes, bistros, and sports bars where you won't be pestered by a working girl.  Now, if you do want companionship then there certainly are bars dedicated to that in all these areas.  Also, there are what I think of as "hybrid" bars.  These are bars where there are girls who are barmaids, but who are otherwise available as well, but who are not necessarily being obvious or annoying about it; they know that most customers just want a drink.  A good example are the various small bars on soi Sunrise that leads from the Chalong turnabout to the pier where the dive/fishing/party boats are.  In the late afternoon and evening these bars are frequented mostly by farang divers, fishermen, etc.  Although not in great numbers, sweeties are certainly there, but they won't bother you.  Also, they are typically in shorts and t-shirts and flipflops rather than slut dresses and platform heels.  Definitely a nicer and more chill atmosphere, at least to me.

It's agood solution for me since I never got used to going to pubs at night bars in my own country. I don't try to meet either expats of country fellows when visiting an Asian country especially at night. 

Having said that, I haven't tried all sorts of bars. I tried again in Thailand with ladyboys hookers bars and concluded definitely that was a waste of money and time. 
I wasted time in Vietnamese night bars as well (I don't want to know that stupid young English visitors found it better to get drunk and this is not a show that I like). As a matter of fact, I started enjoying bars in Vietnam after I found a ladyboy was the bar boss. I started enjoying other bars with ladyboys over there since the atmosphere is completely different. 

However, I started visiting Asia as a tourist to find ladyboys. Bars aren't the only way to find ladyboys, so I don't need bars. It took me a couple of years to erase from my mind  bars as places where I will find ladyboys. I just monger differently. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Pulci Gorgon said:

hookers bars and concluded definitely that was a waste of money and time. 
I wasted time in Vietnamese night bars as well (I don't want to know that stupid young English visitors found it better to get drunk and this is not a show that I like).

Eat that, Bryan Flowers! Oh wait, he’s on a hunger strike, no?

The limeys on this forum ain’t no springchickens let me tell you since I’ve met quite a few. Almost as old as me.

• Like 1

This thread is sending mixed messages I don't fully get...  never mind... As to the YouTube video it shows the ongoing rarefaction of bars and prostis in Pattaya but I had actually thought it was worse.  Still plenty of bars and sluts as far as I could see.  Will be checking for myself soon ...

I just want to add to the topic that my problem in the Faranglands is "lack of attention" from potential sex partners, including the P4Ps that make a point of not showing any interest.

"Unwanted attention" from multiple eager potential sex partners half my age is one of the TOP reasons I travel to TH and PH and continue to go to the bars even if I rarely barfine anymore... I dont write about this in my ladyboy-themed TRs but I like going to the BJ bars for the ego-thrill of having the old hags begging to suck my cock for pocket change... I usually let the one who gives me the most attention have a go at it, even if she is my age...

The only time "unwanted attention" becomes a problem for me is when a bargirl (usually a barsissy!) is determined that if she/he can't have me none of the others in the bar will.  They can accomplish this by intimidating the others implicitly.  I have the skills to deal with it but at that point there is likely to be an element of tension that diminishes the experience.

Come to think of it, "unwanted attention" from PY bar farangs is more of a problem for me...

• Like 3