Pattaya to Koh Chang travel info request

Aitch

Haven't been since Covid's destruction but recall that the minibuses used to be the normall from Pattaya. The price range was under 500 baht but the quality of the transport and more importantly the driver varied. I imagine things are no different now. Whenever I traveled there the arrangement was organised through somebody at a bar and I assume that is still the way.

It was a pain in the arse because living at Jomtien I was first to be picked up (travelled all over before final pickup in Patts) and usually last to be dropped off. The bus driver couldn't see the sense of picking up the furthest first and the nearest (to Koh Chang)  last. I wised up eventually and demanded to be dropped off as we passed Jomtien on the way back to Patts. Thai logiistics at work, I suppose.

The best way and most comfortable was to hire a driver with car. Cost was a lot more, about 3K baht one way but way quicker. If you had fellow passengers chipping in the cost was lower, of course. The time on the road was far less also.

All modes should drop you off at or near your resort.

• Like 1

On 8/2/2022 at 8:36 AM, Aitch said:

I will be going to Koh Chang and need info on return transport/fares, preferably the cheapest (but reliable). I surmise Bus or mini-van is best. 

I took a government bus from Trat to Pattaya a number of years ago.  Dropped me off on the side of the road at Sukhumvit and Pattaya Tai. Think it was headed to Pattaya Bus Station on Pattaya North Road but not sure.  If this bus still exists it is quite nice with a normal driver instead of a minivan maniac. 

Googling around it is extremely difficult to get info.  I was thinking a bus from Pattaya to Trat,then Trat to the mainland pier.  Perhaps going to the Pattaya Bus Station and asking for info could be productive.....or not.   :biggrin:

A good website run by a resort owner on Koh Chang is https://iamkohchang.com/getting-here/bus-boat-timetables.html.   This is his transport page.  If you email him he could have an update.

Tom Taxi which I have found reliable has a 3500 taxi price from Suvarnaphumi to Koh Chang.  It should be cheaper from Pattaya,

https://www.tomtaxiservice.com/

Have fun on Koh Chang!  :drinks:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1