TJ's 06.28.2022

Aitch

Lita's "lunker" photograph? Enlighten those of us who don't have any idea what a "lunker" is, please.

Is it a North American term for a nice set of zungers or norks? (Oz terms for tits or boobies)?

If so, I'm guessing Lita is the one with the brilliant smile and fantastic norks, yes?

It must have been a sultry night according to the amount of titillation going on with the ladies.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, seven said:

God I miss this place. Thanks, Aitch.

Gotta feel for the band. It doesn't look like the Glastonbury crowds enthusiasm. Did they play Hotel California? Zombie? Another brick in da wall?

No idea. I didn't attend.

3 hours ago, Aitch said:

No idea. I didn't attend.

I misunderstood; thought you meant the Pride parade. Not a band at TJ's. Just a guy & girl. Pretty good guitarist. It was their first night and the volume was through the roof. I straightened that act out quick.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Aitch said:

I misunderstood; thought you meant the Pride parade. Not a band at TJ's. Just a guy & girl. Pretty good guitarist. It was their first night and the volume was through the roof. I straightened that act out quick.

Yeah, I’ve seen some really good guitar players, technically impeccable, in Pattaya  playing for drunks and staff. I remember a band in a bar on beach rd between Soi 7 and 8. Guitarist was a fuckin killer. 
Must be a tiresome job but I hope they get paid and tips. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, seven said:

Yeah, I’ve seen some really good guitar players, technically impeccable, in Pattaya  playing for drunks and staff. I remember a band in a bar on beach rd between Soi 7 and 8. Guitarist was a fuckin killer. 
Must be a tiresome job but I hope they get paid and tips. 

Paid, yes, and tips, yes. And to a true lover of music the joy is in producing it, even in an empty room. Tiresome is not a word that applies. Before I got bad arthritis in my left thumb I played daily; had to give away my guitar. I haven't played in over three years. Sad loss as it gave me joy even when practicing at home alone.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Aitch said:

Paid, yes, and tips, yes. And to a true lover of music the joy is in producing it, even in an empty room. Tiresome is not a word that applies. Before I got bad arthritis in my left thumb I played daily; had to give away my guitar. I haven't played in over three years. Sad loss as it gave me joy even when practicing at home alone.

So sorry to hear that. Bob stopped playing the guitar because of this. I have it one now, the left middle finger , can't even even flip the bird soon, nevermind finger a tight ladyman's ass. Getting old sucks so bad but what can you do...

Btw, one of my favourite producers/guitarists is Daniel Lanois, I'm sure you know of him. Produced Dylans Oh Mercy.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, seven said:

Getting old sucks so bad but what can you do...

Gotta correct you on that. Getting old has been great; being old, not so much.

At least it beats the alternative, and we sure do appreciate what (little) we have. I think of pals back home who spend their winters looking out frosted windows at a world of white, teezing their fresticles and living with some bovine ballbuster whilst we enjoy the Land of Smiles and getting laid every which way but loose (and sometimes that way too!) Colour me thankful.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Aitch said:

I think of pals back home who spend their winters looking out frosted windows at a world of white, teezing their fresticles

Je suis, however I've tried living in Thailand but I just can't, I miss too many great things at home , plus the mentality of thais eventually drives me crazy.  I envy those who can though. Long term visits is better for me.

Sorry for OT.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, seven said:

Je suis, however I've tried living in Thailand but I just can't, I miss too many great things at home , plus the mentality of thais eventually drives me crazy.  I envy those who can though. Long term visits is better for me.

Sorry for OT.

Normally I do six months in Patts, six in Canuckleville. I would be here full-time if the fucking government allowed it without cutting off benefits.

6 hours ago, seven said:

the left middle finger , can't even even flip the bird soon, nevermind finger a tight ladyman's ass

What a drag it is getting old!  

4 hours ago, Aitch said:

I would be here full-time if the fucking government allowed it without cutting off benefits.

Old Yanks receive their full Social Security no matter where they live.  But Medicare, the almost free health care scheme for old fogeys, is only available in the States and Territories.  Guam is the closest place to Thailand where it's available.

7 hours ago, Aitch said:

And to a true lover of music the joy is in producing it, even in an empty room.

Of course a band loves it when they can feed off the energy of a crowd but my favorite band adapts their playlist based on the venue and vibe.   If the place is packed lots of party music.  If the place is empty they switch to the blues.   

• Like 2

"But Medicare, the almost free health care scheme for old fogeys, is only available in the States and Territories."

So far as I know, it is not available in the United States at all. It is in Canada, but it lapses after more than six months out of country and takes three months residency with no insurance to reinstate upon return. Further, it repays only about 15% of uninsured expenses out of country. Every five years the government allows up to a two-year absence without penalty, similar to a sabbatical. The Canadian health care system does not however provide for hearing aids, visionary aids, or dental aids for the elderly.

• Like 1

I'm a little confused Aitch. I'm talking about the USA Medicare program for Americans.  It is not available for Yanks in Canada. There might be some minor exceptions such as a North Dakotan with an emergency if the Canadian hospital is closer than the American one.

The 15% under the Canadian plan is 0% for Yanks under USA Medicare even though we have paid into Medicare via payroll tax all our lives.

The biggest financial uncertainty for many older expats living in Thailand is health care costs.  The cost becomes prohibitive for octogenarians but that's when health care is most likely needed. 

That sabbatical sounds pretty good!  You can run through lots of ladyboys in two years!   :biggrin:

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

What a drag it is getting old! 

It is. As Aitch said, getting there was fun, but being there sucks. In a few years time I don't have a fuck left in me. You tell me thats fun. :)

I'm considering start drinking again or smoking pot. What more harm can it do?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, seven said:

I'm considering start drinking again or smoking pot. What more harm can it do?

Drinking? In moderation, sure, but too much can kill you.

Smoking pot? Well, I've been smoking it (and ingesting in other manners) for almost 60 years, and with the odd relatively short break virtually daily. It cannot kill you, and it makes you feel good in many ways. Go for it!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Aitch said:

Drinking? In moderation, sure, but too much can kill you.

Smoking pot? Well, I've been smoking it (and ingesting in other manners) for almost 60 years, and with the odd relatively short break virtually daily. It cannot kill you, and it makes you feel good in many ways. Go for it!

I fully agree. Booze is a killer. Weed not so. I've been on paracetamols for a decade now and should I start drinking again my liver values would be as Assienda Nick's in no time, they're already elevated because of all the painkillers. I welcome legalising weed in Thailand.

• Like 2