If you were looking to stay 2 to 3 months in LOS, where would you choose?

The immediate target for this topic is now actually a week or so stay in March of next year, rather than the original 2 to 3 month plan. That would be possible in winter 2023 but for right now I’m trying to figure out where to stay on a stop over from Tokyo.

No, I don’t speak any Japanese other than konnichiwa, sayonara, and a few other basic words. Not a big fan of their cuisine either, too much jellied eel for my taste. I’m a picky/squeamish eater so there you go…

• Like 1
1 hour ago, deepthroat said:

actually a week or so

No reason to worry, DT buddy. I’m sure you will soon enough get a reply from the in-house expert on this duration of stay.
I can only offer advice on longstays especially in Pattaya.

Please specify if you’re  talking a million or even a billion budget.  Hopefully there are many alternative hotels in soi 6.

Japan is dream destination for me, but I doubt I’ll make it there.

Good luck!

21 hours ago, deepthroat said:

Any particular resorts or places? Looking for something with a beautiful view of the ocean, right on the beach or beach front and relatively swanky

High floor beachview corner units at View Talay 5 or 7 in Jomtien or View Talay 6 in Pattaya.

View Talay 5 or 7 are on Dongtan Beach which has a quiet pathway rather than the heavy traffic of Jomtien Beach Road.

No need to be super close to any bars as Bolt taxis are extremely inexpensive.

On 6/10/2022 at 11:39 AM, deepthroat said:

Thanks Pdoggg, will keep that in mind next time I'm heading to Patts.

Any suggestions or more comments regarding Koh Samui? Chaweng vs Lamia?

You want Lamai. It is a monger town in tropical paradise. Chaweng is more a couples and backpacker town.  Expensive to travel between these places at night.  Note "monger town" is relative as the scene is small by Pattaya standards.

I stayed for a few months at the Holiday Park in Lamai but I think you are looking for a splashier place.

Before I lived in Bangkok, Pattaya and Chiang Mai.

Bangkok- airport convenience and excitement of big city

Pattaya- the obvious but the biggest drinking environment I've ever been in

Chiang Mai- very good... until the burning season.

For me, I would choose Nong Kai, watch the Mekong River flow to the sea:biggrin:

• Like 2