If you were looking to stay 2 to 3 months in LOS, where would you choose?

Hello to all you helpful forum buggers!

With my impending retirement from the day job at years end and the death last week of my aging cat (one day before my divorce was finalized!) I now officially have no encumbrances that would keep me from being able to leave Seattle for extended vacations throughout the world. The only constraint of course would be financial.

With that said, one of the things I am considering for 2023 would be staying for one, two, or even three months in Thailand. Probably not Bangkok as I’m looking for something more coastal and beachy. Ladyboys and mongering would not be the point of the trip, it would be about getting out of the crappy weather in Seattle in the fall and winter and into nice weather and a tropical location to relax, kick back, and begin to enjoy the fruits of a lifetime of labor. No pun intended.

Now, having access to prostitution would be nice, but I think that goes with just about anywhere touristy in Thailand. Ladyboys not a necessity, I’m an equal opportunity employer. As long as the blowjob is good, I’m good.

Assuming that I could scrounge up enough for up to 2500 baht per night for lodgings, where would you suggest I start considering? I want to be able to have a nice place, preferably with a view of the ocean, with access to market/restaurants. 

Should I be thinking about someplace like Koh Samui? Jomtien? Naklua? Give me your ideas so I can start to do a bit of research. Any experience or info you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

• Like 3

I would definitely say Koh Samui DT, but I am possibly biased?? Spent my last two holidays there in the most part other than two nights in Pattaya at the end of my most recent visit, which was just last week. Bophut is the place I would recommend if you are wanting relaxed, nice beach and just a few beers of an evening on most nights, with the option of the 15 minute taxi ride to Chaweng and the Soi Reggae area on nights you might be looking for some company. 

Am I reading you correct saying you would have 2500 baht to spend per night solely on accommodation? If so, I could suggest numerous extremely nice places which would come in lower than that for a two or three month stay, and are right on the beach.

• Like 2

Hi deepthroat! We met at Anaconda Bar, Pooks Bar and Ezy Bar for your birthday bash about 10 years ago. Advance congratulations for your coming retirement!

I retired almost nine years ago. Like you I was thinking of escaping the cold dreary London winter weather for 2-3 months in my retirement. The first winter I went to a little place three miles outside Hua Hin, booking for two months. But I got a bit bored after five weeks. Not much where I was staying except for a nice beach and a couple of quiet restaurant/bars - no bargirls. I could get a baht bus into Hua Hin but that became a bit of an effort. I cut my stay short and went to Pattaya for the last two weeks.

I would suggest staying in different places, maybe two/three/four weeks in each. Unless you find one is really good, then just stay there. 

I'm thinking of doing that next winter, maybe a week or two in Naklua, a week or two in Pattaya, and finishing in Jomtien for two to four weeks. I have stayed in Jomtien every year for the last eight years, apart for the  last two covid years. I like it as it has a good beach, adequate nightlife, it is quiet after midnight, but if you want late nightlife it's easy to get into Pattaya.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1
8 hours ago, deepthroat said:

Should I be thinking about someplace like Koh Samui? Jomtien? Naklua? Give me your ideas so I can start to do a bit of research. Any experience or info you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Even though, monegring is not the point of the trip I would start out in Jomtien, Pratumnak, or Naklua for a month and get the sex out of your system.  I would not prebook.  Just stay at hotel for a few nights and look for a place you can rent for a month.

Questions:

Do you want to be within easy distance of bars, restaurants, movie theatres, hospitals etc.?

Are you comfortable riding a scooter if you are in a more remote area without much traffic?

Do you want to see lots of places or do you prefer to stay put.

looking for something more coastal and beachy.

There are many places right on the beach some more isolated than others.  Some with great views fro the top of a hill; some right on the beach. Probably the most isolated place I've ever stayed is the Sanctuary. You can only get their by longtail boat or an arduous two hour trek over the hills.  But you can get high colonics everyday if you need to detox.  Not really recommending this place; just trying to give you an example of what's available.

https://www.thesanctuarythailand.com/resort.html 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I don't know you so let me ask you a question : are you sure you want to stay 3 months in the same quiet place ? I guess you will be bored after a week or two. 

I would then suggest you a place like Krabi or not far from Krabi. The coast is wonderful and you would have many islands or national parks to visit when you feel like having some adventures. Ladyboys aren't very far too. You can push to Phuket or pick up an Air Asia flight for a drop in Bangkok or Pattaya or even in the North of Thailand or a visit in Issan. 

(BTW, if I had free time for ever, I would jump on a 6 months visa in Vietnam and would take time to visit as many attractions as I can). 

• Like 1

I know of a guy who had these intentions but ended up staying only in Pattaya for months. Overstayed like a c**t too. :rolleye0012:

13 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

I would start out in Jomtien, Pratumnak, or Naklua for a month and get the sex out of your system.  I would not prebook.  Just stay at hotel for a few nights and look for a place you can rent for a month.

This is a great advice.

Thanks guys, this is exactly what I was looking for. Except for the whole “high colonic” bit, you know I don’t swing that way! Lol

Ciobah, YES. Please give me the names of some specific properties or places that you would recommend I check out.

I love all the suggestions, I do like to pre-plan but I think you’re absolutely right, I should have a few places scoped out but not necessarily booked so I could do everything based on how things look on the ground after I arrive.

I don’t have any family that could rent my house, but I do have an upstairs mother-in-law unit that is rented so I’m not too worried about the security. What I am trying to find is a way to get somebody to live in the house while I’m gone and run my online record store business. That would involve having them download orders, pulling the inventory from the warehouse, And shipping them. They wouldn’t handle any money. I have a buddy who is considering doing this, but he wouldn’t live in the house so he would have to drive up and handle all the shipping twice weekly. Would be better to have somebody living in the house full-time so that I could get them to do it daily, but then there’s all the security issues as I don’t have family or a close friend that would be willing to do that. I’m thinking about making an appointment at the local community college and talking to them about it, seeing if maybe there’s someway to get in touch with some of the students that are in the honors program and see if there isn’t some hungry college student who would like to live in an incredible house for a very very cheap rent in return for handling the business. That would be a real win-win but finding a trustworthy person might not be possible

• Like 3

I'm on the ground again right now.. but I'm not too impressed with the "amount" of talent. There's been a transformation over the last 10 years.

Most girls seem to be getting a bit older and a bit fatter generally especially in GGs. You have to look a bit harder to find good looking ones.

Ladyboys still look good but I didn't see a ton of them even in the usual hangouts of years gone by in the same quantity. Like I could go on beach road and spot ladyboys hanging out on Soi 13/1. No longer the case.

Could go to ladyboy afterhour hangout spots if you knew and spot them.. no longer the case. Marine is dead! Maybe saw 2 lbs in Walking Street tonight at midnight and that's what you used to see at 10 AM when everyone went to sleep and only a few needed to exchange some money.

Pattaya is actually becoming "residentialy" compared to before.. there will be people who disagree but the way I see it, its mostly still okay for mongers but where as before you might not want to repeat with someone for 3 months.. now you might have to repeat again in 3 weeks.

That said I still loved staying a bit outside of Pattaya and still like it but if Pattaya doesn't recover and your sex drive is high.. you might want to consider Bangkok.

If Pattaya was too much for you in 2010 and you've toned your sex drive down a tad.. it could be just right.

Anyways we all have our preferences so you'll have to choose for yourself where you like. My advice.. go somewhere for a week.. then keep changing the location till you find what you like. (I hated Phuket)

• Like 3

I hated Phuket as well.

I don’t think folks are traveling in droves yet, I think we’re still six months to a year away from actually having a full resurgence. Hopefully sooner but I would bet it will be at least six months before the crowds start to return, and when the crowds return the girls will return.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Ashoka said:

I'm on the ground again right now.. but I'm not too impressed with the "amount" of talent. There's been a transformation over the last 10 years.

Most girls seem to be getting a bit older and a bit fatter generally especially in GGs. You have to look a bit harder to find good looking ones.

Ladyboys still look good but I didn't see a ton of them even in the usual hangouts of years gone by in the same quantity. Like I could go on beach road and spot ladyboys hanging out on Soi 13/1. No longer the case.

Could go to ladyboy afterhour hangout spots if you knew and spot them.. no longer the case. Marine is dead! Maybe saw 2 lbs in Walking Street tonight at midnight and that's what you used to see at 10 AM when everyone went to sleep and only a few needed to exchange some money.

Pattaya is actually becoming "residentialy" compared to before.. there will be people who disagree but the way I see it, its mostly still okay for mongers but where as before you might not want to repeat with someone for 3 months.. now you might have to repeat again in 3 weeks.

That said I still loved staying a bit outside of Pattaya and still like it but if Pattaya doesn't recover and your sex drive is high.. you might want to consider Bangkok.

If Pattaya was too much for you in 2010 and you've toned your sex drive down a tad.. it could be just right.

Anyways we all have our preferences so you'll have to choose for yourself where you like. My advice.. go somewhere for a week.. then keep changing the location till you find what you like. (I hated Phuket)

I sort of agree, but there are still enough lb's around to satisfy most guys. I was there some weeks ago and yes, TJ;s is not yet up to speed. Sensations was quiet the night I went there.

The bright spot was Fantasy Bar. It was pounding. Emmy's Bar is good. Delirious is also worth a visit. If you look around they are there. Certainly 69 Bar is no longer and that is sad.

I guess it might depend on how many lb's you wanted. If you were the stamina king and wanted say 5 a week of a high standard, then yes that would need some work. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, deepthroat said:

Ciobah, YES. Please give me the names of some specific properties or places that you would recommend I check out.

Try "Eden Bungalows" in Fishermans Village Bophut first up. Lovely little resort in the street, but the bungalows are set back a bit so there is no noise. The rooms are very nice, all individual little bungalow type buildings, and of course of various sizes and styles, so you can suit your own needs. There is a decent swimming pool, bar and restaurant on site.

A few metres further up is "Smile House Resort". Somewhat bigger resort on beautiful large gardens, also individual bungalows of various sizes. Two swimming pools, and also it's own restaurant which is set on the beach. It will be slightly pricier, but the facilities probably justify this. I stayed here earlier this month and was quite impressed with the place.

That is just two to get you started, which are more resort/hotel type arrangements. There are also a plethora of small villas and apartments not to far from here, say 5 to 10 minutes walk, which are rentable for around 15 to 20k per month if you stayed for 3 months.

On 5/24/2022 at 4:25 PM, Ashoka said:

this was the case pre pandemic too. the girls found at the standard places in Pattaya (GGs) are disgusting. Fat, poor manners, no attention to their clothing style.  And always looking at their phones. Damn....guys must have low standards.

the decent ones obviously have moved beyond serving retail foreign mongers and get married, get rich local sugar daddies, get foreign sponsors or work at upscale whore joints. The Coyote bars in BKK have good talent but it's fucking expensive. They charge Asian rates that Japanese and Korean business men pay.

I can understand every once in a while a lad has to fuck a pig. But repeating with pig after pig? wouldn't you rather masturbate?

• Like 2

to answer the OPs question....2 to 3 months?

I'd head to BKK and whore it up and feast and buy copy watches and shit for about 2 weeks.....

then head to an isolated island in the south somewhere which is devoid of most of these luxuries and just chill for 2 months...

......and then head back to BKK and get in another 2 weeks of whoring..... but at a slower pace since I would want to head back home fresh and not all worn out because I had tried to bang too many twenty-something year old prostitutes from Nana and Thaifriendly.

thats what I call a perfect vacation for me. I don't need to see any more Wats or trek any mountains any more. Just give me sweet whores and good food and splendid sunshine and beaches!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

So it looks like I get to try some of this advice out a bit earlier than I expected.

It’s a long story, but I’ve ended up with my next trip to Tokyo booked from March 1 all the way until April 19. That’s about three weeks longer than I actually need or want to be in Tokyo, so I think what I’m gonna do is fly into Tokyo, drop some bags at my hotel for safekeeping, then hop from Tokyo to Bangkok. After a couple of nights in Bangkok I’ll probably go to Krabi for a couple of weeks, then back to BKK for a few more nights before going back to Tokyo.

I’ll re-read back through the thread here, if anybody has any other specific places in Krabi or nearby that I should check into that would be awesome. Thanks again!

• Like 2

I’ll probably go to Krabi for a couple of weeks

I know quite a bit about Koh Lanta which is in Krabi province.  Koh Lanta has a really poor P4P scene though. I know you said it doesn't matter but there are places such as Lamai on Koh Samui where there is indeed a P4P scene in tropical paradise in case you get the itch for some action. Lamai is also a very walkable place.  

12 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

I know quite a bit about Koh Lanta which is in Krabi province.  Koh Lanta has a really poor P4P scene though. I know you said it doesn't matter but there are places such as Lamai on Koh Samui where there is indeed a P4P scene in tropical paradise in case you get the itch for some action. Lamai is also a very walkable place.  

Lamai and Cheweng have abundance of GG and a handful of LB whores and mini go go bars..... you can find pussy there......

one of my first LB experiences was at the Green Mango in Cheweng..... me and my friend picked up two very sexy "girls" which turned out to be LBs. They were very passable..... but I kind of knew.

She took me to her home and when I was about to pull off her panties she asked me what I think I would find under her underwear.... and this GIANT SNAKE popped out!!!!!. One of the biggest dicks I have ever seen in real life.

I was afraid to touch it.... so I gave her a good rogering in her ass and she drove me back to my place on her scooter thru a crowd of partiers heading home after last call....... the Ride of Shame. I actually was embrassed about it back then.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

Yes, I’ll be very interested to get your take on things PDoggg. I was able to get my frequent flyer flights sorted out so I will only need to kill 10 or 11 days instead of the nearly 3 weeks that I was looking at initially. Yup, I’d like to go to either Koh Samui or Krabi. Reason I was thinking of Krabi was simply because it’s less developed. I was thinking about the Ao Nang area which seems to have some P4P activity. Have only spent an hour contemplating the choices, so I’ve got a long roe to hoe before any final decision.

I’m not in any hurry to make that decision as half the fun of travel for me is researching destinations and coming up with itineraries. I won’t be leaving Seattle on that trip until March 18 so I’ve got a wee bit of time to sort through all the information I can gleen from all you experienced expats. My Sensei’s.

4 hours ago, deepthroat said:

PD, what you think about Chaweng? Just a cursory overview of hotels and resorts shows some of the nicer places are there, would you still recommend Lamai over that?

I know you asked PD..... but my view is that you stay in Lamai or even further south and then motorcycle/scooter into Cheweng when it's time for action. Cheweng is too crowded and busy and can be more expensive if you want some space... so it kind of defeats the purpose of going to a remote island. IMHO.

There are some beautiful places even south of Lamai if you want to have lots of space and save money....Lamai is higher end and you will pay.

And on the way to Cheweng.....there is an entire row of Go Go Bars and Regular Bars..... but it's not easy finding the three legged types there.... you have to scour each place.

• Like 2