Below is the text from an email I received today from the US embassy in Cambodia. It details entry requirements and flight info Cambodia during the pandemic. Bottom line is that a 3k USD deposit is required.
THE EMBASSY OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA IN PHNOM PENH IS TRANSMITTING THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION THROUGH THE AMERICAN LIAISON NETWORK AS A PUBLIC SERVICE TO U.S. CITIZENS IN CAMBODIA. PLEASE DISSEMINATE THIS MESSAGE TO ALL U.S. CITIZENS IN YOUR ORGANIZATION OR NEIGHBORHOOD.
Cambodia Entry Requirements
On June 10, authorities announced a requirement that all foreign travelers entering Cambodia pay a deposit of $3,000 upon arrival at airports for mandatory COVID-19 testing and potential treatment services. On June 8, authorities released a fee schedule for these testing and treatment services. Travelers should be prepared to see this deposit applied to a minimum of $165 for mandatory COVID-19 testing, approximately $1,281 more to support quarantine in the event one or more passengers on their flight test positive, and a minimum of approximately $3,255 more for treatment and quarantine if the traveler tests positive. The Embassy recommends all travelers be prepared upon entry into Cambodia to pay for the full costs identified in the fee schedule.
The June announcements of new entry requirements are in addition to requirements for entering Cambodia by air, land, and water that authorities introduced on May 10 for prevention, containment, and response to the spread of COVID-19. All arriving foreigners must:
1. Possess a COVID-19 negative medical certificate issued no more than 72 hours prior to the date of arrival and proof of medical insurance coverage of at least $50,000;
2. Undergo a COVID-19 test upon arrival and wait in official facilities to receive laboratory results. In the event one or more travelers on an arriving vessel/flight test positive, all passengers must undergo a 14-day quarantine at a location designated by Cambodian authorities. If all travelers test negative, health authorities will require travelers to self-isolate for 14-days at their home or lodging under supervision of local authorities. Health authorities will then oversee another COVID-19 test on the 13th day of self-isolation.
The Government of Cambodia has suspended the e-visa and visa-on-arrival programs until further notice. In addition, we understand Cambodian Embassies will only accept applications for diplomatic, official, and business visas and will not issue tourist or other visas to enter Cambodia at this time.
As of 10:00 a.m. June 26, Cambodia has two active cases of COVID-19 (there have been 130 total confirmed cases since the onset of the global pandemic). We will send further MASCOT updates as events and developments warrant.
Notice on Flights for American Citizens Seeking to Depart Cambodia:
The following airlines currently maintain sharply reduced flights that depart Cambodia for onward connecting flights to the United States. Many travelers worldwide have reported unexpected flight cancellations and limited flight availability. Please check airline websites for times and availability and do not book flights through an online search service. We recommend booking flights through a travel agency or directly with the below airlines.
1. Korean Airlines Note: Currently three flights every week
2. Asiana Airlines Note: Currently three flights every week.
3. EVA Air Note: One flight every week, beginning June 24.